Winter is the season of soup. So, draw the curtains, light the fire and ready the stove for Mellöbarre's favourite winter immunity boosting soup recipe that includes ginger, carrot and coconut. Your dinner is sorted!
- 1TBS Coconut Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Inch Piece of Ginger Grated 1 Leek (white part only)
- 1 Brown Onion
- 500ml Vegetable Broth
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 400g Carrots (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 270ml Macro Organic Coconut Milk
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once hot, add diced onion and leek sautéing until golden brown, then add the garlic and ginger stirring for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock, along with chopped sweet potato, carrot. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a further 20 - 25 minutes. Once carrot and sweet potato are cooked through add the coconut milk with a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve hot in a bowl with a sprinkle of parsley & nuts and seeds alongside a slice of wholegrain toast.
For more information on health and wellbeing services, visit Mellöbarre Collins Square.