‘A day in the life’ is a new monthly interview series where we take some time to get to know some of our precinct community. This month we speak to Sylvia, Head Concierge at Collins Square.
1. What does a typical day look like in the life of a ‘Head Concierge’?
- My day begins with checking all panels at lifts and escalators and making sue that they are in working order and are clean.
- Checking newspapers are placed as needed and lobby areas are clean and tidy.
- Checking in at all the towers desks’ with other concierge to see if they need anything and to ask if there is anything special happening in that tower, or any events or VIP visitors are due on the day. I like to ensure the smooth running of each desk and all concierge operations.
- Early-mid morning is spent in the Lobby areas walking around and seeing if people need assistance, customer service is our priority and visitor interaction and making people feel welcome at Collins Square is what I love.
- I am always on call for any mishaps that may occur in any tower, or any emergencies around all lobby areas. I like to be around the lobby areas of all towers through the day to keep an eye on everything and assist if needed.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
I love helping people and every day is different at Collins Square. The visitor interaction is what I enjoy most. I love guiding my team and am very passionate about my role and I hope this may rub off on to them.
3. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
I was once told, “there is never a dumb question” and I always think of this when asked directions or information from people, as nothing is black and white and people usually ask a question because they need help.
Also “treat people as you would like to be treated”. I know from experience “please, thank you and a smile” can make someone’s day.
4. What is your favourite aspect of Collins Square?
My favourite aspect of Collins Square is the size and design. It is unique. The precinct is like a mini city within itself, but is structured and friendly the minute you walk through any of our doors.
Do you know someone interesting who would love to participate in our interview series? Get in touch with email@example.com